Use this form to reply to letters or to send other messages to the Norwegian Industrial Property Office (NIPO) regarding trademark, design and patent cases. Please note that there are separate forms for filing new applications and for other enquiries.Start service
This form is only for those without Norwegian ID number.
If the applicant has chosen to use a representative, the NIPO will communicate only with the representative in any correspondence regarding the application. You can apply as an individual or on behalf of an organisation. If you represent an organisation, you must have the Altinn role Patent, varemerke og design.
Learn more about how to give rights to others
• You will find important information (e.g. on prefilled forms for regular users, and messages, completed forms and work in progress) on patentstyret.no(external link).
• The first time you log in on altinn.no, you must «Create a new user». Important: When creating your account - use the e-mail address in which you wish to receive all communication from the NIPO.
• NOTE: All communication in previous and new cases with the NIPO will hereafter be sent to your Altinn account.
Receipt for filing
NIPO will not send you a receipt. To obtain a receipt, choose one of the following methods:
• To receive an automatic receipt by e-mail when submitting a form:
At the top of the page in your inbox in Altinn you must choose "profile". Open your contact information and check the box "I would like to receive a receipt by e-mail when submitting forms".
• Find your receipt on the receipt page (which will appear as soon as you have completed the form), or in your archive in Altinn. Choose 'Send a copy of the receipt by e-mail', or save it to your device by clicking 'Print receipt'.
Your correspondence will become public
All the documents related to your correspondence it will be published on our website(external link). We generally shield sensitive and confidential information. You can ask us to exempt business secrets from public disclosure. It is therefore important that you clearly indicate what information in the correspondence or attachments you wish us to exempt. We will then assess whether the information can be exempted from public disclosure.