Use this form to file a new application for registration of a trademark or a collective mark in Norway. A trademark is a name, logo or other characteristic that identifies your goods and services. A collective mark gives the members of an association of businesses or a public authority exclusive rights to use a trademark, or other symbols for its goods and services. Individuals can not be assigned exclusive rights to collective marks.Start service
A trademark is a means of distinguishing your products from the products of others, for example in connection with marketing and sales. The trademark may consist of various elements, e.g. words, phrases, images, symbols or a combination of these, or other characteristics. If you have a trademark, your customers will better recognise and choose your products again because they differ from your competitors.
This form is only for those without Norwegian ID number.
If the applicant has chosen to use a representative, the NIPO will communicate only with the representative in any correspondence regarding the application. You can apply as an individual or on behalf of an organisation. If you represent an organisation, you must have the Altinn role Patent, varemerke og design.
Learn more about how to give rights to others
First time using NIPOs forms in Altinn?
• You will find important information (e.g. on prefilled forms for regular users, and messages, completed forms and work in progress) on patentstyret.no(external link).
• The first time you log in on altinn.no, you must «Create a new user». Important: When creating your account - use the e-mail address in which you wish to receive all communication from the NIPO.
• NOTE: All communication in previous and new cases with the NIPO will hereafter be sent to your Altinn account.
• If this is the first time you apply for a trademark, we recommend that you follow this link (external link)to find more information.
Receipt for filing and payment
NIPO will not send you a receipt. To obtain a receipt, choose one of the following methods:
• To receive an automatic receipt by e-mail when submitting a form:
At the top of the page in your inbox in Altinn you must choose "profile". Open your contact information and check the box "I would like to receive a receipt by e-mail when submitting forms".
• Find your receipt on the receipt page (which will appear as soon as you have paid the application), or in your archive in Altinn. Choose 'Send a copy of the receipt by e-mail', or save it to your device by clicking 'Print receipt'.
Your application will become public
Your application and all the documents related to it will be published on our website(external link). We generally shield sensitive and confidential information. You can ask us to exempt business secrets from public disclosure. It is therefore important that you clearly indicate what information in the application or attachments you wish us to exempt. We will then assess whether the information can be exempted from public disclosure.