Use this form to notify the Norwegian Industrial Property Office (NIPO) of changes of ownership, of a merger or a change of name, address or representative for existing trademark, design and patent cases.Start tjeneste
This form is only for those without Norwegian ID number.
Please note that in international trademark registrations, the only changes you are required to report to the NIPO are change of representative. Other changes should be reported directly to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
If the applicant has chosen to use a representative, the NIPO will communicate only with the representative in any correspondence regarding the application. You can apply as an individual or on behalf of an organisation. If you represent an organisation, you must have the Altinn role Patent, varemerke og design.
Learn more about how to give rights to others
First time using NIPOs forms in Altinn?
• You will find important information (e.g. on prefilled forms for regular users, and messages, completed forms and work in progress) on patentstyret.no.
• The first time you log in on altinn.no, you must «Create a new user». Important: When creating your account - use the e-mail address in which you wish to receive all communication from the NIPO.
• NOTE: All communication in previous and new cases with the NIPO will hereafter be sent to your Altinn account.
Receipt for filing
NIPO will not send you a receipt. To obtain a receipt, choose one of the following methods:
• To receive an automatic receipt by e-mail when submitting a form:
At the top of the page in your inbox in Altinn you must choose "profile". Open your contact information and check the box "I would like to receive a receipt by e-mail when submitting forms".
• Find your receipt on the receipt page (which will appear as soon as you have completed the form), or in your archive in Altinn. Choose 'Send a copy of the receipt by e-mail', or save it to your device by clicking 'Print receipt'.
Your notification will become public
Your notification will be published on our website. We generally shield sensitive and confidential information. You can ask us to exempt business secrets from public disclosure. It is therefore important that you clearly indicate what information in the notification or attachments you wish us to exempt. We will then assess whether the information can be exempted from public disclosure.